1. Although you get up early most days you really need more sleep and know the extra 30 minutes would help this week
2. You squeeze in one more task in the few minutes space you had before leaving the house
3. You tell yourself you’re not very good at something because you always get it wrong
4. You hold onto something someone said or eluded to that is hurtful to you when it doesn’t serve you
5. You consistently put other people’s needs before your own when you know there are times this doesn’t have to be the case but it’s become habit
6. You have a version of you you’d like to be and constantly berate yourself for not being it
7. You say yes to a number of commitments knowing you’ll need to cancel at least one when the time comes
8. You have a story of what you were or are like at work/school/with peer groups that isn’t serving you
9. You say yes to a commitment when you neither want nor have to
10. You find you’re online when you don’t really need to be but something caught your eye when you went to look for something else
11. You crave quiet and still but think it’s not really for you anyway
12. You tell yourself that when things go wrong it’s your fault
13. You have wanted to start something for a long time but have been putting it off and you’re annoyed with yourself about it
14. You’re always busy and rushed, even on quieter days
15. You always, always, push through tiredness or illness
16. You’re stressed about a future situation you’re predicting will be awful
17. You force yourself to be somewhere when you know you truly don’t feel up to it
18. You’ve been saying for a while ‘I need to slow down’ ‘I don’t actually like being so busy’ and ‘I can’t wait for half term / summer / holiday / in a few years time when…’
19. You feel like other people might actually be a lot nicer or better than you
20. You’re holding a negative story about yourself based on one incident and bringing that into everything you think and do
21.You recognise you feel overwhelmed but feel too overwhelmed to know where to start and don’t feel able to ask for help
It’s OK to ask for help you know? It doesn’t mean you’ve failed. It doesn’t mean you’re not good enough. It means you’ve recognised that things can’t stay the way they are and that you’re willing to look at how the part you play in it can be different.
Which feels liberating and freeing already.
If you’d like to join me in starting and doing this work together, take a look here.